Botox Pre-Treatment Instructions:
In an ideal situation it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
* Patient must be in good health with no active skin infections in the areas to be treated.
* Patient shouold not be needle phobic.
* Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 Hrs prior to treatment. Alcohol may thin the blood which will increase the risk of bruising.
* Avoid anti-inflammatory/Blood thinning medications ideally, for period of (2) weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingo Biloba, St. John's Wort, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, and other NSAIDS are blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections.
* Schedule Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which may be occurring, i.e, wedding, vaccation, etc. It is dnot desirable to have a very special event occuring and be bruised from an injection which could have been avoided.